Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Crying According to Dylan...

When we first brought Lennox home from the hospital, Dylan asked me why babies cry so much. I proceeded to tell her the reason was because they can not talk and it is the only way they can tell you what they need or what is wrong- it's their way of talking. This is true. But apparently Dylan translated this to mean I am some sort of baby whisperer. Seriously, as plain as day, with a stone-cold serious face, she turns to me almost every time Lennox starts to cry and asks me, "What is he saying?" This girl is detail oriented too, she doesn't want a general overview of his need, she wants an exact wording of what he is trying to communicate to me. When I tell her, "He's hungry," or "He wants out of his carseat," she says,"Nooooo, what is he saying?" So, I have to come up with the right response as to specifically exemplify the emotions that are pouring out from each cry. Like I said, she thinks I am The Baby Whisperer.

2 comments:

RockWay said...

I really enjoy reading this entries. The innocence of a child is often simultaneously hilarious and astounding. Thanks for sharing about Dylan. Miss yall.

Lori said...

I dare you to just totally make up something, like "He prefers your hair in pigtails," and see what she does.