Monday, August 27, 2012

What NOT to Wear...

She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet.  She makes bed coverings for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple. 
Proverbs 31:21-22


This excellent wife is prepared for winter.  And why shouldn't she be?  It comes at the same time every year.  God is a God of order and he has placed seasons for us.  We have time to prepare for winter, but we have to act. I also think this wife has placed a certain, undeniable trust in her Lord.  Winters are brutal.  More so are spiritual winters or droughts.  We ought to prepare our hearts and souls for those cold, spiritual warfare days, when depression has the tendency to set in, with the word of God hidden in our heart, putting on the full armor.  We know those days will come, just as we can expect the first frost to hit the ground; so we must prepare, stock up, buckle down, be ready.   Let us not fear the winters of this earth and of our hearts, knowing that the Lord has given us everything we need, we only need use these resources.

Ms. "Perfect" also seems to dress nicely.  Though, it is proof in these verses that is not where she places her value.  Like I alluded to above,  God is a God of order, we ought to dress ourselves nice and neatly to the glory of God.  1 Corinthians 10:31  makes that clear.  God is also a beautiful artist, he's the great coordinator.  My cousin mentioned this to me once after a trip to the zoo with the kids.  She said if you walk through the reptile house, you will see the most beautiful coordination of colors- things we often copy on our clothes.  And why shouldn't we?  God is the God of beauty. I've been blessed tremendously each time I consider my Lord and my husband when I put together an outfit.  

So let us prepare our homes and our hearts for the impending winters we will face and let us dress ourselves well, not richly, for the glory of God and the joy of our husbands!  

Disclaimer:  This is not me telling you to go out shopping, so don't blame me, but this is me telling us to go read our bibles and spend time in prayer! I can tell you it is lots of fun to dig through your closet and put together outfits you normally wouldn't put together.  Go google some reptiles images and have fun! 

No comments: