Monday, November 1, 2010

He is Good


Our little Lennox is now 10 months old.  Ten months ago I was getting ready to give birth.  A little less than twenty months ago, I found out I was pregnant with him. I was scared to get pregnant again- but he will lovingly come along side his children and remind us of his wisdom and his goodness. His ways are higher than our ways and he is a merciful God who remembers our frame. (Psalm 55:9 & 103:14)  Why would God choose to take the lives of 7 of our babies and commission us to raise Dylan and Lennox?  Because he is God and he knows what he is doing when we do not.  

While I am so grateful that he has blessed us with Dylan and Lennox,  I want to be perfectly clear about this: even if he had not granted us a single child, and though I may have 2, 5, or even 10 more miscarriages in my lifetime;  God is infinitely good, incredibly wise, and perfectly sovereign over every single moment in my life.  Nothing is far from his hand.  Tested and proved.


2 comments:

Uncle D and Aunt J said...

Mendi, I totally agree with you that God is infinitely good, incredibly wise, and perfectly sovereign over every single moment in my life. I am a childhood friend of your mom. God never blessed us with a child but I know He has a purpose and I will trust it is for His glory. Thanks for your faithfullness in honoring the Lord.

Jeanine said...

More often than not, I need to remind myself that God is infinitely good, incredibly wise, and perfectly sovereign. Sometimes the "feelings" get in the way of the true knowing of His character.